We use WordPress every day and know its ins and outs. Needless to say, we’re quite smitten with it. Here are the top 5 reasons why:
1. It’s friendly and smart. WordPress is friendly with users in just about every way – even if lots of people are making updates at the same time. You see only what you need to see on the back end (and we can make it clear where each word, picture or link needs to go so there’s no need to play guessing games).
WordPress is friendly with search engines, too. It’s awesome with SEO right out of the box, and we can make it even better. (Note that by “we,” I mean “Thad” – our resident web genius.)
2. It’s customizable. A WordPress site can get as fancy (or as simple) as you want it to be as long as you’ve got a someone creating it who really knows their stuff. All fields are customized to the individual site so that even the web-shy layman can make changes. And you can make magic happen, too… Like placing a video on your site perfectly with just one little “Vimeo” number. Check this out:
3. It’s expandable. You’re never locked down. Our answer is (believe it or not), “Yes, you can make changes and add that later.” You can always build on ideas and integrate improvements big or small.
4. It’s social. WordPress integrates social media, blogs and discussions incredibly well. It can even pull comments from other websites that link to yours into your site’s feed and a good developer can make it look seamless.
5. It’s safe and sound. At its core, WordPress is secure. It’s an open source site built by the community of people who love to do this tricky web stuff and are really good at it.
(This may sound like a WordPress advertisement, but it’s really just a love letter.)